Friday, December 4, 2009


It's funny. When I was a kid I loved nothing more than playing video games. As I grew up I realized there was so much more to life than playing games. Amazingly I had a great life, but felt like I wanted to play the dating game again. However, I now realize that I have no desire to play any games in my life. Games truly are for kids. I have played the dating game for three years now and have once again realized there is so much more to life. Unfortunately, unlike a video game I have realized that you cannot turn off this game and escape to the reality I know exists out in the world. You must master every level of the dating game to end it. I have played the first parts of this game so frequently I can navigate it with my with my eyes closed. Unfortunately, I never make it to the next level no matter how much I want to. But I feel I am keeping myself from winning. As I play the game I cling to hope, hope that I may someday be able to turn the game off, and repair the life I ruined when I chose to embark on the heartwrenching dreadful game. Unfortunately, I have little to no control at moving forwards or backwards into the game or out of it.

I know this is a large metaphor, but my life seems like a path mirroring so many metaphors lately.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment